Label: Piranha Pool Recordings
Quality MP3 320 kbps
Style Drum and Bass
One of the Originals of DnB is back!!! Responsible for may classics of his own such as 1993 darkside classic ‘Bludclot Artattack’ and 1996 game changer ‘Killamanjaro ‘, known as one of the founders of the ‘techstep’ sound, Ed Rush also produced countless classics alongside Optical such as ‘Alien Girl’ ‘Pacman’ and others. Now back with a solo project and a new label, Ed Rush unleashes the venomous neurofunk of ‘Scarabs’, intense, scary, intricate and perfectly executed, on the flip is the sinister ‘Boxcar’ with a hefty bassline and a ton of Ed Rush’s unique atmospheric production, the man is back and hasn’t missed a beat!!!Tracklist:
01. Scarabs (05:13)
02. Boxcar (06:16)
* An artist synonymous with Drum and Bass, Ed Rush has become a byword for cutting edge, forward thinking
beats. Moving through the sounds of hip hop and electro in his early musical years, Ed Rush soon became
interested in the emerging London jungle scene.
* Showing his innate ability to manipulate chopped breakbeats and piles of sub-low bass, it wasn't long before Ed Rush and Nico dropped the huge 'Bludclot Artattack'. The first classic to Ed Rush's name, this proved to be a platform for another collaboration with DJ Trace. Simultaneously developing his own style whilst pushing the boundaries of a genre, classics such as 'The Mutant' and 'Guncheck' put Ed Rush's attitude injected productions firmly on the map.
* One of the pioneers of new sound dubbed Techstep, Ed Rush soon teamed up within another leading light,
Optical; to form what would become one of the most progressive production teams in the scene. In 1998, Ed
Rush & Optical released an album universally recognized as changing the landscape of Drum and Bass forever with the legendary, 'Wormhole' on Virus Recordings. Still regarded as one of the main catalysts for the Neuro and Techstep sound, 'Wormhole' paved the way for household names such as Noisia, Bad Company and many more.
* Since then Ed Rush has released a plethora of genre-defining tracks and albums, both solo and with his partner in crime, Optical. Still busy at work on a new Ed Rush & Optical LP due in late 2014, Ed Rush is not merely content with helping shape the scene and remaining one of its most consistent producers. Beginning his own venture, he now looks to the future with the birth of Piranha Pool. An outlet for showcasing new talent and veterans alike, Piranha Pool represents what will be the future of Drum and Bass; so it's fitting that its first release comes from its creator, Ed Rush.
* 'Scarabs' (Drum & Bass)
Already causing a stir in the DnB fraternity, 'Scarabs' kicks off Piranha Pool with a bang. After a twisted eastern tinged intro transports the dancefloor to a faraway landscape, 'Scarabs' transforms into a classic Ed Rush track.
Featuring drums you have to move to, infectious synth lines and a catchy bassline all underpinned with crystal clear production, 'Scarabs' is squirming its way into the biggest DJ sets.
* 'Boxcar' (Drum & Bass)
The flipside sees Ed Rush change the pace but lose none of the attitude. Featuring rolling drums and ethereal vocals, Ed continues to bring the pain with serrated bass keeping the rave in check. Maintaining the same top level production as the A-side but pushing a different vibe, 'Boxcar' shows the versatility to Ed Rush's productions and caps off a stunning debut from Piranha Pool.
* Press / Promotion: Full Effect Promo Campaign
* Radio / Internet: Ed Rush Podcast - 91K + plays on Soundcloud. BSE Podcast - Multi award-winning podcast with over 20,000 subscribers, 50k + individual downloads; E Marketing - Full Effect Promo mailing lists . YouTube - EdRushTV; Social Networking - Facebook: EdRushOfficial 39K + Twitter: @Ed_Rush = 26k + followers. Soundcloud 38K + followers.